This is my go to recipe for my staple vanilla cheesecake! This always goes down a treat with family and friends, and you can alter it to the time of the year. For example, I have placed a malteaser’s chocolate bunny and some mini Easter eggs on top to fit my Happy Easter theme! It is also a no-bake recipe, so it is super easy to make for any occasion and you can alter toppings to your taste.
Recipe and step by step guide:
- 250g Digestive biscuits (roughly one packet and a quarter)
- 1 vanilla pod
- 100g melted butter
- 600g cream cheese (Philadelphia)
- 5 tablespoons icing or caster sugar
- 200ml double cream whipped
- Sweets/sprinkles/edible glitter
- food colouring (if you want to change cheesecake cream colour.)
- Beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth
- Add vanilla pod seeds (scrape the inside of the pod with a knife)
- Fold in whipped cream
- Spoon mixture into biscuit base
- Refrigerate for two hours
- Once set, garnish with toppings of your choice
- Serve and enjoy!
Happy Cheesecake making!
Tina Rose xoxo